Tuesday 10 December 2013

Cocktail No 50 Kirsch Cobbler

As mentioned previously with Kirsch you either love it or hate it, so I suspect this one won't be too popular. Its an interesting drink all the same. The "attack" that you get from Kirsch is tamed very extensively. Partly its through diluting the spirits so its not too strong. Partly its from the alkaline and chalky taste from the bicarbonate in the soda water. The Maraschino adds a sweetening, though I can't say whether I can taste it or not - it does seem more Cherry flavoured than Kirsch alone, so I think it must be rounding out the flavours.

I would say its worth trying at least once. Better as a long drink in the summer perhaps.

Recipe

Add ice cubes to a goblet. Add equal measures of Kirsch and Maraschino and 4-6 Maraschino Cherries. Stir and top up with Soda Water.


No comments:

Post a Comment