Tuesday 3 December 2013

Cocktail No 48 Muddy Water

So Cuba Libre (Rum & Coke with Lime to most people) replacing the lime with orange juice. The OJ makes a real difference. Since I am not really a Coke fan, I can't really say whether I am enjoying this.

It lives up to its name and looks like a muddy slurry. I guess the relatively high proportions of Rum and Orange Juice to Coke makes this a potent drink and changes the balance of flavour. Its definitely not a Rum & Coke. It is growing on me, but not sure its a repeater.

Mmmmh can't really say much more about this, but most people will have the ingredients in house, so try it and let me know what you think.

NB - there seems to be multiple completely different recipes for the Muddy Water.

Recipe

Fill a Highball glass with Ice. Add 1 measure White Rum with 1 Part Orange Juice and 2 measures Cola.



No comments:

Post a Comment